Followers

Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Pages

19 August 2017

Fresh flowers, mums and musical beds


My parents came to stay with us for a week, last Saturday, a visit much anticipated by my kids. Charlie gave up his room for nan and pop, and the plan was that he camp out on a mattress on Maddie's bedroom floor for the week. Well, that was the plan!  

The first night went smoothly, but the second night Charlie woke up vomiting, so I moved him out to the lounge so he wouldn't wake his sister, and moved his mattress out for myself to sleep on to keep an eye on him during the night.  Two hours later Maddie woke up and wanted cuddles, so I moved her in with my husband, and went back to bed.  




The next morning I woke up with the flu.  I haven't felt so bad for years.  I am so thankful my mum was here.  I slept all day and she cared for the kids, and cleaned the house.  I am still feeling lousy, although much better than I was.  I lost my voice on Thursday and am still "voiceless", much to the kids' amusement (and secret delight!)  

Anyway, for the rest of the week Maddie slept in my bed, Charlie slept in Maddie's bed, and I have been on the lounge, as I have need to sleep upright to help keep my nose clear.  

My parents' home is over 3 hours away from us, so we don't get to see them all that regularly, although we do see each other a lot more than we used to.  Up until 2014 we lived in Central Queensland and could usually only get together once a year, but when we moved down to the Central Coast for my husband's work 3 years ago it is much easier to visit them, and I am so grateful that the kids get to spend more time with their grandparents.  

Having extended family and/or a close community of people who really care about you close by is a wonderful thing to have in your life.  Although our family is spread out, we do have a wonderful group of people at our church who have become like extended family to us, and who I know I can count on when I need to.  



This was really brought home to me this week while I have been sick.  Different friends from church have shown their love and care towards me and my family in such a generous way, from providing a delicious pumpkin soup for our dinner, and dropping in some fresh flowers and a card, and dropping off a bag of spinach (home grown and delivered by a gentleman in his 80s).  



I feel very loved and blessed, and so content to be part of a community of people who look out for and care for each other.







QuickEdit
kylieo
4 Comments
Share :

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie,
    It was nice to meet you this morning on Rhonda's Skype session.
    You are lucky to have such a nice community of friends and family to help out while you are sick. I hope you are feeling better soon.
    I can't wait to read more of your adventures

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, It was lovely to meet you too. I am looking forward to following your blogging journey xx

      Delete
  2. Living in a close and supportive community is something to hold on to. Glad to know you're feeling better now, Kylie. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhonda. I so enjoyed our skype sessions, and am thankful for the community you have created through your wonderful blog.

      Delete

Follow @georgialoustudios